Replacing tail/brake/turn signal/backup lamp bulbs
The tail/brake/turn signal and backup lamp bulbs are located in the tail
lamp assembly. Follow the same steps to replace either bulb.
- Make sure the headlamp control is in the off position and open the
- Lift out trunk floor carpeting panel to access a luggage scuff plate
(hard molding) and a trunk side panel (dark grey, soft wheelhouse side
trim panel) at the lamp area.
- Carefully pull/push the trunk side panel (dark grey, soft wheelhouse
side trim panel) outboard to expose the lamp assembly. The most
effective point to grasp the trunk side panel when pulling it out from the
luggage scuff plate is at it’s bottom edge where that edge meets the
exposed sheet metal of the trunk floor.
Note: Do not allow the trunk side panel to remain bent and untucked
from the luggage scuff plate (hard molding) for a long period of time.
Doing so may result in permanent deformation.
- Remove the bulb socket by
turning it counterclockwise and
pulling it straight out.
- Pull the bulb from the socket and
push in the new bulb.
- Install the bulb socket into the
lamp assembly by rotating it
- Carefully push the trunk side
panel (dark grey, soft wheelhouse
side trim panel) back in position to the luggage scuff plate (hard
- Install trunk floor carpeting panel.